Little things are the real deal. The things that make me the happiest are:
- Opening the jar of peanut butter and taking the first bite with a spoon. It’s the best tasting bite in the whole jar.
- Sleeping naked after a shower in freshly washed sheets. Add that those sheets were dried outside on a clothesline and I may squeal.
- Watching Dirty Dancing all for that wonderful moment when “No body puts baby in a corner.”
- Sleeping through the night. With two kids and one who grinds her teeth so that I can hear said grinding all the way down the hall, it’s a big deal. She’s going to cost me a fortune and make a dentist a wealthy woman.
- Cheap wine that doesn’t taste cheap or cause me heartburn. I have a few faves.
- Fancy beer that makes me look like I am hipster. I have a few of those too.
- The kids falling asleep on a car ride home after a day with extended family. They get to sleep feeling safe and completely loved. I get control of the music.
- Pancake breakfast Sunday morning with my tribe.
- Pancake breakfast for dinner with my tribe.
- My tribe.
Be happy with moderation. It makes everyday things feel extra special and frankly they are.
Go have a gooey cookie friends.